View Single Post
Old 12-22-2008, 01:24 PM

Hi Folks,

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianT Post #146
In Hebrew, the suffix "-im" (pronounced "eem") indicates a plural ending, as "-s" does for English. The singular form of this word (without the "-im" suffix) appears in verses that have both "heaven" and "heavens" in the same verse, such as Deut 10:14, 1 Kings 8:27, 2 Chron 2:6, 2 Chron 6:18, and Neh 9:6.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianT
I am not going to spend time picking apart every other instance
Brian, I simply asked you to properly address the very instances you gave the forum.

Precisely what word (or word-form) you claim that is in Deut 10:14 should be in Genesis 1:1 if Genesis 1:1 is meant to be a singular.

That is your clear assertion above. Live with it, defend it, or retract it as an error.

And I asked you to explain how this assertion relates to the hundreds of singular references to 'heaven' throughout the Tanach (OT). Why do you think they should also have your Deut 10:14 form plugged in as well ? ie. If the verses need to be the singular 'heaven'. Or is Genesis 1:1 exceptional in some way ? Simply asking for consistency.

==================

Only after you finally address this, then I will relate to your various assertions, and your various errors (there is an abolute beauty-blunder in the first quote above) as to the nature of the plural form in Hebrew words that are indistinct of number. Where number is determined by surrounding grammar and context.

And only after that is straightened out, only after you show some truth and accuracy on the basics, only after you take some responsibility to deal with your false accusations against the pure word of God .. only then I will be very happy to discuss with you the specifics of the King James Bible superiority to the NKJV in Genesis 1:1, and exactly how and why superior.

A before B before C.

Shalom,
Steven

Last edited by Steven Avery; 12-22-2008 at 01:33 PM.