View Single Post
Old 03-09-2009, 06:34 PM

This is interesting.

Yes, I don't believe the spirit in man is dead as we think of death. To me, death always means separation. But there is more. In Gen 2:25 it says Adam and Eve were not ashamed.

Gen 2:25 And they were both naked, the man and his wife, and were not ashamed.

Contrast that to Gen 3:7-8

Gen 3:7 And the eyes of them both were opened, and they knew that they were naked; and they sewed fig leaves together, and made themselves aprons. 8 And they heard the voice of the LORD God walking in the garden in the cool of the day: and Adam and his wife hid themselves from the presence of the LORD God amongst the trees of the garden.

Now suddenly they were ashamed, embarrased and especially fearful.

Heb 10:31 It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.

So, Adam and Eve's minds were changed. Suddenly they were very aware of sin itself, and were terrified of God. And I think it goes without saying that man became very self-centered and selfish just like Satan. They were also filled with desires and lusts they had not known before.

The natural man is a different creature. And as an apple tree bears different fruit from the orange tree, so does the natural man differ and bear different fruit than the spirtual man.

Gal 5:19 Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness, 20 Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies, 21 Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God. 22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, 23 Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law. 24 And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts. 25 If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.