View Single Post
Old 01-25-2009, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Here Am I View Post
"It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life." (John 6:63)

God's words, the Bible, are life. God uses His words to reach people, to help them to understand Him, and to give His children a better glimpse of Who He is and what He wants us to do.

BTW, the 'Word' is Jesus Christ (John 1:1). Don't confuse the 'Word' with the 'word' of God, the Bible, which contains God's 'words'.

It's a lot easier once you are born again, and become a child of God, because, at that point, God will help you to understand His word:
"But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him." (1 John 2:27)
In case you are wondering if I am saved or not, I am. I accept Christ as my Saviour when I was 6 years old. I say this because of your last paragraph. I am not sure if you were implying I am not saved or if you were trying to shoot down the lie that the KJV can not be understood today. The KJV can be understood and I agree with you.

The Word is Jesus which we agree on. I can not say that I completely agree with the rest but I do follow what you are saying. The problem with KJVOs as well as any other belief or denomination is that just because many people fall under the same name. My point, my family is KJVO and thier belief is having the KJV in hand is basically like holding Jesus in thier hand. Not every KJVO believes this but some do.

God Bless!