View Single Post
Old 07-06-2009, 09:33 AM
Forum Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Presswood View Post
I'll be honest with you good people; I think I may have made an incorrect assumption about this forum. I thought surely, absent the attacks and criticism of the anti-KJV crowd, we could have some wonderful fellowship and edifying discussions. I see that you are busy here attacking one another and not the issues at all. If I wanted to fight, I could have that on the other forums.
If you've gone through lots of forums, I'm sure you've noted that without a very heavy hand of a moderator, most forum activity is driven by disagreement.

The rest of this post is to the plural "you," not specifically Bro. Presswood.

I, too, am less than pleased with the amount of vitriol present in many posts here, but I learned a long time ago that merely settling on the KJV as one's final authority doesn't automatically fix men up.

However, I do think that the most hard-edge posting tends to be limited to a few contentious threads, like this one, where people are being forced to examine how much of their own bigotry they have read into Scripture. (A side note: if the preceding sentence immediately makes you want to defend yourself, you are too sensitive. I am not singling anyone out.)

There is an option -- someone who routinely dislikes posts from a particular individual can easily ignore them by viewing their profile and clicking "add to your ignore list."

I'm trying to walk a fine line here. I don't want to ban people just because I disagree with them (I'd be the only one left here if I did) or because they post in a certain "tone" I don't like. I also don't want a "free for all" forum.

I have seriously considered, several times, taking the whole forum off-line because I am concerned that it doesn't do anything to help the purpose of av1611.com. And then I get a new post from brother Will or brother Forrest that reminds me why I started the forum in the first place.

I suppose the bottom line is that the benefits are outweighing the drawbacks, and I really don't have the time to be a forum nanny anyway. I know some people will not find it enjoyable to participate here if I am not acting as a referee between certain folks, but I don't have the time or inclination to do that, and the only other option is to close the board, which I don't want to do.