View Single Post
Old 06-25-2009, 01:45 PM
whirlwind

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenbear View Post
What would you do if you felt that the Holy Spirit showed you that Jesus did not literally come in the flesh? Would you believe the spirit? Or would you believe the literal words as recorded in the bible? Every person must determine how to interpret a verse. It is a cop out to say that you don't decide how to interpret anything. You decide to listen to a spirit and decide what to believe based upon how you feel about the revelation. Or you decide to believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God (1 Jo 4:1). How do we try the spirits? With the word of God. Are you immune to being deceived, whirlwind?

There must be a standard. The bible is that standard. It means what it says. It is to be taken literally unless otherwise indicated within the text itself.

1 John 4:2 Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God:
1 John 4:3 And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.
2 John 1:7 For many deceivers are entered into the world, who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist.

"What saith the scripture?" is the question, not "What saith my imagination".

What saith the Scripture is quite true....and Scripture sayeth more than is written....as written. It is the same Word and yet to some it is milk while to others it is meat.
Matthew 24:45-46 Who then is a faithful and wise servant, whom his lord hath made ruler over his household, to give them meat in due season? Blessed is that servant, whom his lord when he cometh shall find so doing.
He decides when each of us are ready for a particular understanding. I'm sure you have noticed how you can read a verse and then a week or so later read it again and suddenly...you see the same words and yet you see a new meaning.

Please notice that I use Scripture to explain. If I may ask...what have I written you feel is of my imagination or is from the wrong spirit?