View Single Post
Old 03-16-2009, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Now the LORD had PREPARED a great fish to swallow up Jonah. - Jonah 1:17

But God PREPARED a worm when the morning rose the next day, and it smote the gourd that it withered. - Jonah 4:7
Bro. Parrish, this isn't creation here. The primary definitions of "prepared" in both verses is

1) to count, reckon, number, assign, tell, appoint, prepare

I believe the meaning here would be to assign or appoint. So God spoke to the whale and the worm and gave them assignments. That's how I see it anyway.

Who was it that said God created animals in Adam's presence? I don't agree with that, the fowls and the moving creature that hath life in the waters were created on the fifth day.

Now, "the living creature after his kind, cattle, and creeping thing, and beast of the earth after his kind" were created on the sixth day like man. I personally believe Gen 1 is in chronological order (first day, second day etc.), so I believe the animals were made before man.

Gen 2 is not necessarily the account of a specific day. I personally think it covers an unspecified period of time, maybe even weeks, months, or even longer. I think it would have been very difficult for Adam to name all the animals in a single day, there are lots of animals in the world, and there were many more then than today. God could easily do this, but this is not an easy task for a man. This may have taken Adam quite some time to do this.

And Geologist, you criticized me for bringing up the Gap Theory, but then you brought it up yourself later.

Last edited by Winman; 03-16-2009 at 02:47 PM.