Thread: Hebrews 10:25
View Single Post
Old 02-13-2008, 11:13 PM

Heb 10:25 Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.
This verse gives us instruction to be in attendance of church meetings. Some argue that this means Sunday morning only and that additional attendance is optional. This is the manner of some. However not forsaking the assembly of our selves and so much the more is the command given here. The words "so much the more" do not mean optional, they mean as much as possible. The verse also commands us to exhort one another to do so. Heb 10:23-37 are all connected by semicolons and comma's, NOT periods, Time not spent joined in fellowship and study of Gods Word is time usually lost to TV, Internet or other idle time that WILL open the door for willful sinning (verse 26).

This is my personal commentary, Andrew

Ps 122:1 ¶ A Song of degrees of David. I was glad when they said unto me, Let us go into the house of the LORD. Ps 84:10 For a day in thy courts is better than a thousand. I had rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God, than to dwell in the tents of wickedness.