View Single Post
Old 01-30-2009, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chette777 View Post
Nice try again. and yes it does have a redeemer but for Job He knew his redeemer was God. Not "his SON on the Cross dying for sins". and the He shall stand upon the earth is about the eternal kingdom when God will be among men on earth as found in Rev 22.

It is an awesome verse. but it does not clearly teach they knew that God would send his son to die on a cross for sins. Remember these false teachers are saying "the OT saints under law (so that is Israel not Gentiles) knew clearly by the revelation given them that God would send His Son to die on a cross for their sins." I have heard many well known Pastors from denominational and Non-denominational churches say these exact word or some very similar to them. but they never quote a verse in support.

it would seem they are Parroting something they have been taught and wish was true.
Right, well a lot of people (especially preachers) are guilty of preaching things which they heard, but haven't looked into for themselves.

I personally believe that many prophets in the OT knew that God would do a work which would redeem them from their sins. But I don't think they understood how it would be done. I think nearly everything that we read in the NT (doctrinally) was shadowed in the OT. Naturally, we can see this now because of the Holy Ghost which directs our attention to Christ Jesus, who is indeed spoken of in the OT. But to an OT saint reading Scriptures it was a mystery to be fully revealed to the apostle Paul.

But one thing I wonder about is David. Could it be that this OT saint knew?

For David speaketh concerning him, I foresaw the Lord always before my face, for he is on my right hand, that I should not be moved: Therefore did my heart rejoice, and my tongue was glad; moreover also my flesh shall rest in hope: Because thou wilt not leave my soul in hell, neither wilt thou suffer thine Holy One to see corruption. Thou hast made known to me the ways of life; thou shalt make me full of joy with thy countenance. Men and brethren, let me freely speak unto you of the patriarch David, that he is both dead and buried, and his sepulchre is with us unto this day. Therefore being a prophet, and knowing that God had sworn with an oath to him, that of the fruit of his loins, according to the flesh, he would raise up Christ to sit on his throne; He seeing this before spake of the resurrection of Christ, that his soul was not left in hell, neither his flesh did see corruption. This Jesus hath God raised up, whereof we all are witnesses. (Acts 2:25-32 KJV)

Could he have known that Christ would come and that his son Solomon was a shadow of our Lord?

And he said unto me, Solomon thy son, he shall build my house and my courts: for I have chosen him to be my son, and I will be his father. (1 Chronicles 28:6 KJV)

It's hard to say. It's evident throughout Scripture that the OT saints were blinded to this mystery. Nevertheless, it's hard not to wonder if these men ever had any sort of inkling that a sinless man would come to shed His blood to redeem people from their sins.

Peace and Love,
Stephen