View Single Post
Old 09-20-2008, 08:51 PM

Hi Folks,

Amen, Will and all. I even hesitate to spend the time and effort (even if I felt it was available and worthwhile) to do something with Biblical Greek because you can see what a stumbling block it is for the seminarian modern versionists. The stench of arrogance begins to overtake even the lack of Biblical consistency. And the pride of false knowledge overtakes even the petty attempts at weak exegesis and analysis designed to 'correct' the Bible.

Will is one of the few I know who has kept a sound balance, using some Greek savvy only as a tool to help defend the pure Bible. Some others are surely on this forum and a few other forums of Bible defenders. Personally I likely do not have, today, the humility before God and the overall moderation to properly handle the scholastic volatility of trying to integrate Greek expertise with the more basic truth. The simple and true and pure Bible understanding gained by simply accepting and believing the pure and perfect King James Bible. Thank you Lord Jesus for the purity and perfection of the Scriptures.

Oh, and so many times the attempts of the correctors are so weak they can be refuted simply with common sense and a smidgen of research anyway. In a pinch you call on the brethren with a bit more background, only needed occasionally, rarely.

Oh, I have a smidgen of Hebrew background, mostly phonetic stuff, since most of the learning was many years back, and only peripheral to Bible studies. While the situation is similar, at least with modern Hebrew there is a purpose in allowing for conversational Hebrew and reading publications and books in Israel to the folks not English-fluent. That is modern Hebrew, though, not the unnecessary sideline of Biblical Hebrew.

Shalom,
Steven

Last edited by Steven Avery; 09-20-2008 at 09:00 PM.