Thread: The sons of God
View Single Post
Old 06-05-2009, 10:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Tim View Post
Response to GB's first comments:

Greenbear, based on your answers, particularly that there are fallen angels that did not participate in the Genesis 6 event, are you acknowledging that this is possibly an ongoing activity?

In reference to:
GB, think about what you are saying. These women had no power to prevent this assault (Genesis 6:2 "...they took them wives of all which they chose.") God, foreknowing the actions of that these evil ones would commit, allowed this assault on unprotected, innocent women to take place for however long, and then immediately (and without comment, while at the same time expressing His anger with mankind) slammed the chains on them, leaving the results of their actions to further the destruction of mankind, AND on top of it, left others to perpetuate the same behavior later!?! Verse 3 and 5 scream out the perpetrators of this crime, MAN!
Job*1:10 Hast not thou made an hedge about him, and about his house, and about all that he hath on every side? thou hast blessed the work of his hands, and his substance is increased in the land.
Job*1:11 But put forth thine hand now, and touch all that he hath, and he will curse thee to thy face.
Job*1:12 And the LORD said unto Satan, Behold, all that he hath is in thy power; only upon himself put not forth thine hand. So Satan went forth from the presence of the LORD.

Ec*10:8 He that diggeth a pit shall fall into it; and whoso breaketh an hedge, a serpent shall bite him.

Le*20:23 And ye shall not walk in the manners of the nation, which I cast out before you: for they committed all these things, and therefore I abhorred them.

Le*20:27 A man also or woman that hath a familiar spirit, or that is a wizard, shall surely be put to death: they shall stone them with stones: their blood shall be upon them.

De*12:29 When the LORD thy God shall cut off the nations from before thee, whither thou goest to possess them, and thou succeedest them, and dwellest in their land;
De*12:30 Take heed to thyself that thou be not snared by following them, after that they be destroyed from before thee; and that thou inquire not after their gods, saying, How did these nations serve their gods? even so will I do likewise.
De*12:31 Thou shalt not do so unto the LORD thy God: for every abomination to the LORD, which he hateth, have they done unto their gods; for even their sons and their daughters they have burnt in the fire to their gods.

Mal*3:5 And I will come near to you to judgment; and I will be a swift witness against the sorcerers, and against the adulterers, and against false swearers, and against those that oppress the hireling in his wages, the widow, and the fatherless, and that turn aside the stranger from his right, and fear not me, saith the LORD of hosts.

Quote:
GB, think about what you are saying. These women had no power to prevent this assault (Genesis 6:2 "...they took them wives of all which they chose.") God, foreknowing the actions of that these evil ones would commit, allowed this assault on unprotected, innocent women to take place for however long, and then immediately (and without comment, while at the same time expressing His anger with mankind) slammed the chains on them, leaving the results of their actions to further the destruction of mankind, AND on top of it, left others to perpetuate the same behavior later!?! Verse 3 and 5 scream out the perpetrators of this crime, MAN!
Women were the possessions of their fathers, then their husbands. Christianity has improved the lot of women although unbelievers would NEVER see it that way. A christian man could practically get himself assasinated for saying this but I'm a woman so I'll say it. Ga*3:28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.

Consider the nations that the Lord God commanded Israel to drive out of the land. The cup of God's wrath was full concerning them. Let's look at why God was so angry. They consulted familiar spirits Through their idol worship they worshiped devils. They caused their children to pass through the fire to Him. He was angry with the overwhelming evil of these nations. Of course, nephilim were alive and well at that time in the promised land. Sort of like in Gen 6, don't ya think?
God warned Israel not to do the things that those nations before them did.

God puts a hedge of protection around believers. He warns us not to partake in occultic practices because the hedge is broken and we are vulnerable to evil spiritual powers. In Gen 6, God was very angry at man. It seems apparent to me, at least, that man in Gen 6 was doing the same things the nations were doing that Israel drove out of the land. Ps*78:49 He cast upon them the fierceness of his anger, wrath, and indignation, and trouble, by sending evil angels among them. This verse does more than prove Jude and 2 Pet don't deal with Satan's rebellion. It also describes God sending evil angels to punish man's evil. Interesting.

I hope that clears up any misunderstanding you may have about what my arguments have been.

Last edited by greenbear; 06-05-2009 at 11:01 PM.