View Single Post
Old 12-16-2008, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PB1789 View Post
Traditional Anglican:--- I'd expect this post from one of the many arminians on this site but... you as a Reformed Episcopalian ARE a Calvinist!

Open up the The Book of Common Prayer and read the Articles of Religion.

Almighty God chooses us--- We don't choose Him. {see Jacab and Esau}

We are born Sinners and only God's Unmerited Favor can keep us from the Pit.

All humans are Born Dead---> Not just sick,,, but DEAD! Only The Lord God can give us life!
There are different "schools" in reformed thinking. The Geneva/Calvinist is the MOST extreme! In response to your little shot that Anglicans are Calvinist, buzzzz, wrong! The Anglican Body is VERY old, older than Calvin, the REFORMED designation in my branch, Reformed Episcopal, is in fact the LEAST extreme form of Reformed thinking, we do NOT use "5 points" we teach there IS a cooperation in regard to salvation, yes we do teach the Holy Spirit must touch a fallen man before he can accept and understand the Gospel, (the idea of the Gospel in a vacuum void of the Holy Ghost is absurd. Even Classical Arminians accept this!) If you meet an Anglican who teaches a regeneration in which faith is VOID, you are talking to one who is NOT in step with the Church and one who is NOT CORRECT in their understanding of the 39 Articles.....(Most HARD CORE 5 Point Calvinist, DO NOT EVEN LIKE US/the Classical Anglicans) they HATE the fact in History that BOTH Queen Elizabeth and King James shunned the extreme teachings of the Puritans/Presbyterians! One FINAL word about your insult about my Church, I AM A CONVERT FROM AN EXTREME PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH BODY....I CONVERTED BECAUSE IT WAS NOT BIBLICAL.....I THINK I might know what I am talking about. Blessings.