Thread: The sons of God
View Single Post
Old 06-02-2009, 06:16 PM
Bro. Parrish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Tim View Post
Sorry, folks... I need to do a little catching up....

Bro. Parrish asked:When I mentioned this discussion to my mom, who had asked what the latest hot topic was, I mentioned that some might even try to compare the miraculous conception of the LORD Jesus with the Genesis 6 event. She nearly ripped my head off, and we're on the same side! To even vocalize that heresy about put her into a fit! There is so much horrible about the implications of your question that I cannot answer it and remain decent.
Okay tell your mom to settle down brother.
What heresy, I simply asked you a question...
You're the one who brought up "spirit beings and virgins" back in no. 67, not me.

Now it seems to me that no matter what we may think, there is clear scripture to show that the Spirit of God, (and God is a Spirit - John 4:24), chose at least some type of action with a human female to produce His blessed Son.

Now I don't know exactly what that was, and I'm not suggesting the virgin birth was identical to what happened in Gen. 6, (not at all) but when you look at that scripture I just don't see why it's so hard to accept that something could happen in the realm of angels and humans...

On one hand you implied there is "an absence of any other observable evidence" of the capability of some type of "SPIRIT BEINGS" to interact on some level with human females, yet on the other hand you seem to ignore the truth...

"Then said Mary unto the angel, How shall this be, seeing I know not a man? And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God." Luke 1:34-35