View Single Post
Old 09-30-2008, 03:50 PM
Vendetta Ride

Quote:
Originally Posted by peopleof the way
Welcome also. I pray that you have joined to edify the brethren and not force any strange doctrines upon us (as some have done in recent weeks). May what you read be a blessing and may what you write be a blessing to us.
Who Is that in your avatar, is that yourself? If so you have a resemblance to David Suchet (Poirot)
Thank you for the welcome, brother. It grieves me, however, that, as an Irishman, you didn't recognize Jeremy Brett as Sherlock Holmes!

Actually, I believe in some very strange doctrines. I believe that the only perfect Man in history allowed Himself to be tortured to death so that I, who am among the chiefest of sinners, could be saved. That's pretty strange, but I will praise Him through all eternity for it.

As a newcomer, I'm "grazing" the various threads, seeing what various posters believe, and I don't think you'll find my comments - - - or, at least, my beliefs - - - weird or unseemly at all, although perfect agreement among brethren is one of the joys reserved for Heaven.

I have definite feelings about such "controversial" matters as the Gap Theory and the young earth/old earth argument, but I won't (by the grace of God) visit them upon you just yet. It would be impolite, given my junior status, to plunge deeply into controversy.

Incidentally, my name is Bill. My nickname is a reference to a historical incident involving Wyatt Earp! Anyone who's interested in the Old West can Google "vendetta ride" and find out all about it.

If anyone's interested, I mean. Perhaps I'm the only member of this forum beset by such trivial enthusiasms!