View Single Post
Old 11-09-2008, 05:44 PM
Bro. Parrish

WOW---okay to be clear, I'm not suggesting that anyone be shot brother. But I do see liberalism as an ENEMY of the Republic, and I see Obama and his Congressional cronies as the fountains of liberal policy. I also see the godless ACLU as enemies of the Republic and traditional values (Roger Baldwin stated communism in the U.S. was his goal), and already we see them jumping into high gear, shown here in their latest news release from two days ago:

ACLU: FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

WASHINGTON - The American Civil Liberties Union commends the Obama-Biden Transition team for including sexual orientation and gender identity in its non-discrimination policy as it prepares to assume power in January. Although President Bill Clinton signed Executive Order 11478, which prohibits discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation, there are no explicit federal protections from gender identity bias in government hiring.

The following may be attributed to Christopher E. Anders, ACLU Senior Legislative Counsel:

"As the new Administration gears up, it should be focused on hiring the best people for the job. By including sexual orientation and gender identity in its non-discrimination policy, the Obama-Biden transition team makes clear that it will focus on the relevant qualities that actually predict an applicant's success on the job – professional experience, character, skills and education. President-elect Obama and Vice President-elect Biden, by explicitly rejecting the bigotry and intolerance of the past, are committing that gay, lesbian, and transgender professionals can serve in government without fear of discrimination. This is a critical next step in securing the basic rights of LGBT community.

"The inclusion of gender identity is a bold departure from the past – and it sends a clear message. The ACLU recommends that President-Elect Obama follow up by 1) banning discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation and gender identity in federal contracting and 2) urge Congress to pass a gender-identity inclusive Employment Non-Discrimination Act (ENDA)."

http://www.aclu.org/lgbt/discrim/377...html?s_src=RSS