View Single Post
Old 05-27-2009, 05:13 AM

Quote:
Acts is a history of the inspired translation and pulication and distribution of the God's Word.
Old Testament quotations in the New Testament are the only "inspired translations" there are in the book of Acts.

Quote:
BUT what I am struggling with now is after initial "inspired translations" what happened then?
You mean, what happened after the Bible books were all written? If God was not looking after the Scripture so that it would never be lost, we would not have the Scripture today.

Quote:
Could anyone point me some place that shows the evolution of language?
No. I would say that Bible believers would not believe in “evolution”.

Quote:
what languages were alive in the first century and how they evolved into our present languages.
You mean how languages have changed since the time of Christ? Of course, that it easy to see.

Quote:
My "theory" is that the Lord inspired His Word in every language intially and has since preserved His Word in each language...
Not only is this a bad theory, but you said before that you don't even know how languages changed, so you are in no possession to make theories. Thankfully, we do not rely upon theories when we believe what the Bible says, and it never says anything like what you have theorised.

Quote:
were these languages the base languages upon which current languages descended from?
Since inspiration was written in Greek in the New Testament, your questions are completely misguided.