View Single Post
Old 05-26-2009, 08:27 PM
ONEWAY

Actually it says "wonderful works of God." Acts is a history of the inspired translation and pulication and distribution of the God's Word. Of this I am sure. BUT what I am struggling with now is after initial "inspired translations" what happened then?

Could anyone point me some place that shows the evolution of language? what languages were alive in the first century and how they evolved into our present languages. My "theory" is that the Lord inspired His Word in every language intially and has since preserved His Word in each language...were these languages the base languages upon which current languages descended from?

thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bibleprotector View Post
When Jesus spoke to Paul in Hebrew, or when Paul preached in Hebrew at Jerusalem, or when Jesus spoke Hebrew on the cross, none of these are "inspired Scripture" in that they are spoken things. What "inspiration" covers is the writing of the Scripture by a human author once for every word in the Autographs. The outworking of that is that God would not fail to keep and preserve what He inspired. Those words have inspiration power in them. But God is not "reinspiring", He is preserving by His Providence (power to provide and work through history).

The King James Bible was not made by inspiration from 1604-1611. It is, however, perfectly translated and rendered.

You will notice that was connected to preaching and prophecy in Acts. It has nothing to do with Bible writing or translating.

I am not a Charismatic, but a Traditional Pentecostal. Tongues were never for Scripture translating.
Fair enough, traditional pentecostal it is...I understand, I am a Baptist and I hate it when people refer to me as a protestant or say Baptists are descended from Puritans.