Thread: Love & Race
View Single Post
Old 06-03-2009, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kns215 View Post
I guess with English as my 2nd language, it'll not be easy to have a spouse who doesn't speak my language for me. And that perhaps is why I strongly disagreed to the idea of interracial marriage. (because I made a judgement based on my situation)
You underlined "for me". I know of several families where they speak the language of his birthplace, the language or her birth place, and American English all in the same house and each learned for the other. They have no more and no less problems than the folks who marry from the same HIGHSCHOOL! And that is about as Culturally the same as you can get growing up in the same town/area/lifestyle/financial bracket with shared formative years memories.

The majority of the marital issues I see stem not from race or cultural differences, but from stepping out of our roles as Biblically laid out: Husband as head of the house loving his wife/wife being in submission and reverencing her husband. And that happens in ANY marriage, not just the racially/culturally different ones.