View Single Post
Old 04-08-2009, 11:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill View Post
I think there is a difference between a spell that is cast and hypnosis because hypnosis depends on the willingness of the hypnotized and a spell is to be effective regardless of what any other human thinks. Magic, including casting spells, is thought to be a spiritual technology similar to physics or biology except magic deals with spiritual laws to access forces and manipulate people and spirits. I recommend reading about how Charles Finney declared that conversion to Christianity could be achieved by the proper use of methods (technology) and was not a miracle from God because those ideas have been passed along to contemporary Christians and are possibly the basis for some of the strange doctrines and practices in use now.
I am a firm believer in the supernatural, you have to be to be a Christian, I just don't buy into a lot of the occultic practices of this stuff actually working. The street ministry is an example of what I am talking about here. As with Paul's contention with Hymenaus and Alexander, the coppersmith/silversmiths who sold idols, Christianity will kill an interest in the occult and we had many fortune tellers and "witches" on the street. They cast "spells" on me all the time, blatantly and in the open. I told one, you don't want to do that in front of witnesses, I'll know who to prosecute if my nose falls off. You see on the street many truths the Scriptures teach. Indeed many people's God is their belly and that the root of all evil is the love of money.

Grace and peace

Tony