View Single Post
Old 10-01-2008, 04:43 PM
fundy

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwjd.usa View Post
Sorry that it took me so long to respond.
For Fundy

So you are trying to say that all the verse means that all of the false teaching, natural disaster and such would happen in one generation's time if that is what you are saying, then you do make sense to me. If it is not what you are saying, please explain what you mean by "generation"

Thanks
Hi wwjd.usa,

I think post #13 by Steve Schwenke gives a very clear answer for you as to the ocurrance of events that Jesus describes. That they would happen within the lifetime of a particular generation. But the point I have been trying to get across is that Jesus' use of the the phrase ''this generation" does not restrict the occurance of those events to the lifetimes of the people he was talking to at the time.

Psalm 12 ...Psa 12:6 The words of the LORD are pure words: as silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times.
Psa 12:7 Thou shalt keep them, O LORD, thou shalt preserve them from this generation forever. Psa 12:8 The wicked walk on every side, when the vilest men are exalted.

Why would Gods word have to be preserved "forever" from a generation of peole that would all be dead within 70 years? Because the type of people being refered to would be "regenerated" and Gods word would have to be preserved from them also.

Main Entry: gen·er·a·tion
Pronunciation: \ˌje-nə-ˈrā-shən\
Function: noun
Date: 14th century
1 a: a body of living beings constituting a single step in the line of descent from an ancestor b: a group of individuals born and living contemporaneously c: a group of individuals having contemporaneously a status (as that of students in a school) which each one holds only for a limited period d: a type or class of objects usually developed from an earlier type.2 a: the action or process of producing offspring : procreation b: the process of coming or bringing into being <generation of income> c: origination by a generating process : production.

Fundy