Thread: Dinosaurs
View Single Post
Old 12-30-2008, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh View Post
Not sure why it's so fascinating to me.
I've been asked before why I'm interested in whether or not there were dinosaurs, as well as why I believe there were unicorn's, dragons, satyrs, and the like. As has been discussed numerous times on this board, I believe the men who translated our King James bible to be the highly intelligent men that they were and, for example, if they had ment rhino rather than unicorn they would have said so. I realize I differ from others in this opinion and we can agree to disagree.

I look at the platypus and the dodo - wonderful creatures, certainly with a cartoon like quality. Then I consider the panda bear surrounded by its green habitat and the penguin with wings that does not fly.

The behemoth and leviathan, I wonder why we have to deprive them being magnificient creatures, along with the unicorns and the dragons etc and find someway to make the extraordinary ordinary.
There is certainly nothing ordinary about our Creator or the manner in which He created. I don't understand it, I simply marvel at it:

Ps 72:18 ¶ Blessed be the LORD God, the God of Israel, who only doeth wondrous things.

Why do we insist that because we have never seen one of these they could not have possibly existed? Rhetorical question.

Harley