View Single Post
Old 09-23-2008, 11:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwjd.usa View Post
I originally thought that we should not call people "fool". However, it is interesting that Jesus commanded us not to say "fool" and at the same time, Jesus called people "fool".

I'm not sure If it's correct, but I have heard that the Gospel of Matthew was written in Greek language.

I'm an ordinary person and I don't have a Greek Bible at my house. I know that some of the people on this web-site are pastors and Bible scholars.

If anyone here has a Hebrew, Greek or Aramaic Bible, Can you look up if the word "fool" in Matthew 23:19 and Matthew 5:22 and see if the word "fool" in Greek in these two verses is the same word or a different word?

I have friends that are from the past Soviet Union. My friends say that in the Russian language, Matthew 5:22 says "fool" and Matthew 23:19 says "unsmart/non-smart".

Sometimes the Greek language uses three different word for a scripture and when it is translated to English, only one word is used. This is why I'm asking for someone here to look up these two verses in Greek and see if the Greek word for "fool" in the two verses is the same or different.

If I would have a Greek Bible, then I would do this myself. However, I don't have a Greek Bible. This is why I'm asking for you to help me.
You don't need a greek or hebrew ANYTHING. The Word of God can be found in the King James Bible. Only in this Book can you find the authority on ALL matters of faith and practice.

http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/Bible...king_james.htm

Much Love in Christ,
Stephen