View Single Post
Old 08-18-2008, 01:13 AM

Originally Posted by Luke

Quote:
Far out gophgetter. If there is a false prophet in the midst, it is you. I'm not a sissy, so I'll come right out and say it.

If we deny him, he will also deny us. Deny him what? Deny us what?

Suffering and Reigning is the context.

If we do not suffer for him, he will deny us reigning with him. The only time any Christian reigns is during the millennium. 2 Timothy 2:15 - Read it and Eat it.

In Grace
Luke
Originally Posted by gophgetter
Quote:
Greetings Luke,
I can see I have made an enemy without even trying. How can I be a false prophet when all I have done is ask some questions. To be a prophet means to prophesy or preach. Show me where I have been doing this.
Peace
Originally Posted by gophgetter
Quote:
Like I said brother, show me where I have been doing this. I'm waiting.
Peace
Gophgetter,

Wait no longer - Here is your answer:

In your past post: (Who Was The First One To Teach "Once Saved, Always Saved"?) - You clearly insinuated that we are either "False Prophets" or "False Teachers"; and that the "doctrine" (ETERNAL Salvation) that we believe in is "heresy" and comes from or "originated" with Satan!

Gophgetter quote (2 sentences - a declarative statement & a question):
Quote:
"Just like there were false prophets in the Old Covenant, Peter says there will be false teachers among us. What will be one of the messages ,or damnable heresies, of these false teachers?"
Gophgetter quote (a declarative statement - NOT a question):
Quote:
"Just like there were false prophets in the Old Covenant, Peter says there will be false teachers among us. {???}
You didn't just - "ask some questions" (like you just claimed above!). I didn't see a Question Mark after your declarative statement (Did you?). Who were you referring to when you quote the Apostle Peter {"among us"}? Among WHOM - Hmmm? The "inference" is those of us on the Forum! Who else could you have been referring to? Someone in your neighborhood? Someone in your church? Someone in your Denomination? Someone out there on the NET? Someone out there "SOMEWHERE"? "among us" has to apply to SOMEONE. You were addressing those of us on this Forum - Who did you have in mind, if it wasn't some of us on this Forum?

Not only that, you stated:
Gophgetter quote:
Quote:
"Who was the first one to teach once saved, always saved?" . . . . So with this in mind, let's look in the scriptures and see who was the first one to teach this. Who was the first one to teach that you can have eternal life and never lose it? Are ya ready kids?" . . . . "There you have it. It was none other that the serpent. He was the first one to teach that you can never lose eternal life."
Here are some of the questions you "asked" - to which you gave us your "private opinion" and answered them:

Gophgetter quote (a question):
Quote:
"What will be one of the messages ,or damnable heresies, of these false teachers?"
Gophgetter quote (a question):
Quote:
"Who was the first one to teach once saved, always saved?" . . . . So with this in mind, let's look in the scriptures and see who was the first one to teach this. Who was the first one to teach that you can have eternal life and never lose it? Are ya ready kids? . ."
Gophgetter quote (a declarative statement):
Quote:
". . . There you have it. It was none other that the serpent. He was the first one to teach that you can never lose eternal life."
You didn't just "ask some questions" - You made some declarative statements and accusations!

You can't have it both ways (like all Sophists). Declare for us right now - Are we "False Teachers"? (Most of us teach ETERNAL Salvation). Have we embraced a "damnable heresy"? (Most of us have embraced the doctrine of "ETERNAL Security"). Are we following "that old serpent - the Devil? I trow not! (If we are guilty of these things that you claim, then we are false teachers, heretics, and have been blinded by Satan.) But , on the other hand, if what we believe is true then - you ("Gophgetter") are promoting a "damnable heresy" by inferring that the doctrine of ETERNAL Salvation is NOT from the God of the Bible, but from "the god of this world"!