Thread: The Bible
View Single Post
Old 02-21-2008, 06:42 AM
eagle777

In John chapter five the Jews (reglion, church) were trying to kill Jesus because what he taught didn't support all their doctrines and Jesus told them this. John 5:39-40, (KJV)

“Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me. And ye will not come to me, that ye might have life.”

(NIV)

“You examine the scriptures carefully because you suppose that in them you have eternal life. Yet they testify about me. But you are not willing to come to me to have life.”

He said that the Father, who has sent Me has testified of Me but you have neither heard the voice of My Father nor have you ever seen Him because you do not have His word living in you and as a result you do not believe the one He sent to you.

I grew up in a church like many of you that deified the King James translation of the Bible because it supported their doctrines and they would practically put you out of their church if you used any other version of the Bible.

In my study of the Bible I compare several versions with the KJ and rely heavily on the Strong’s Exhaustive Concordance of the Bible. But even more than that I rely on the Spirit of the Lord to explain His word.