Thread: Side by Side
View Single Post
Old 02-13-2008, 12:03 PM
jerry

Quote:
You are telling me that you can guarantee it wasn't God I was hearing from in my spirit? Wow!!! I would never make that judgment call.

Dear sir, you are not God and you need to stop acting like you are. You do not know everything. (your words: My comments were correcting what I believed you were saying)........you cannot go around correcting what you "believe people are saying" all the time, because you are not always right.
You are funny - you make some accusations against me that God supposedly told you, then I stated that I never thought or implied that - and it is somehow wrong for me to question what you are saying about me? It's okay for you to "correct" me - but I can't correct your false accusations.

Quote:
How can we purify our hearts when we are watching trash on T.V.? We cannot!
I never said you could - I never even defended TV in any way in this thread. What I did state was basically that watching TV does not make someone a true Christian or not (and is no indication of such). Though, yes, our separating from evil on TV and movies is an indication of our obedience and love for the Lord.

Quote:
All of us must be very careful not to backslide, because backsliding can send one right to hell.
No, it cannot. If someone is a true believer, they have eternal life and can never lose it or ever be in danger of losing it. What will happen if they persist in unrepentant sin is that they will face the chastening hand of God on their lives - but again, that is evidence that they are His child, because God doesn't chastise or correct the Devil's children.

Matthew 5:43-48 Ye have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love thy neighbour, and hate thine enemy. But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you; That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust. For if ye love them which love you, what reward have ye? do not even the publicans the same? And if ye salute your brethren only, what do ye more than others? do not even the publicans so? Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.

The word "perfect" in the Bible means "complete." When referring to a person, it means "mature." We are to grow up (mature spiritually) and be like the Lord in the respect that we become more like Him and love our enemies. It has nothing to do with sinlessness or having arrived as a Christian.

Philippians 3:13-16 Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus. Let us therefore, as many as be perfect, be thus minded: and if in any thing ye be otherwise minded, God shall reveal even this unto you. Nevertheless, whereto we have already attained, let us walk by the same rule, let us mind the same thing.