View Single Post
Old 03-24-2008, 11:51 AM
Revangelist

For Atlas:
The Assemblies of God, The Church of God and the Pentecostal Church of God do not teach speaking in tongues is necessary for salvation (there are others, but I know those 3 don't). Also, the Pentecostal Churches that do teach tongues is necessary tend to also believe in Baptismal Regeneration and a form of Modalism (Jesus Only). The above mentioned denominations are totally in agreement with the fundamentals of the faith. As a matter of fact, there are only to major areas of contention between Baptists and those 3 Pentecostal denominations: tongues and eternal security. But, I know there are at least 2 or 3 other threads that are discussing those issues. So, back to the topic at hand:

Pastor Mikie is correct. Not only does Nelson Publishing put in "Alexandrian" renderings in their margins, so do a number of others. You also have to watch out for parallel Bibles with the KJV as one of the versions. I got one hoping to be better armed but found the KJV was the 1873 "Paragraph Version" where one of the translators of the RV of 1881 had made changes to the text. Like Hebrews 10:23, "Faith" is changed to "hope".