View Single Post
Old 06-15-2009, 06:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by premio53 View Post
I must say that this is a strange forum. I simply wanted to discuss scripture and everything becomes a personal attack.

You accuse Winman of maybe not being saved because he disagreed with your interpretation concerning two gospels and then in this thread after Winman presented strong arguments supported by scripture you accuse him of:

1) you will not rightly divide the word of truth
2) preconceived Ideas as to what the scriptures teach
3) failure to properly study to show thy self approved

I simply thanked Winman for presenting what I thought were strong scriptural arguments and couldn't understand why anyone would accuse him of not studying the scriptures. The next thing I know George comes out of a whirlwind and slams me for not being hospitable because he thinks I was attacking you while demanding to know everything about my personal life instead of addressing the scriptures!

I have no idea who George is but he seems to run this forum. That's fine. I'm new and understand my pecking order but I really don't understand the sensitive feelings. I will refrain from posting for awhile.

Lets address the underlined shall we?
Premio53 said "I have no idea who George is"

First of you are a member of the "FFF" Forums, so I am quite sure you know who Brother George is with the scorn he recieves from that place.

I will assume? that from your username Premio53 you are the same premio53 from FFF forums, and the same premio53 who goes by the name SOUTHERN BAPTIST
here http://www.topix.com/member/profile/premio53

Now, it seems that premio53 likes chess is that right?, just like Tandy1650 likes his chess? Striking similaritys here also with a snippet of testimony from Tandy1650 and premio53

Tandy1650

Quote:
When it came to lying and stealing, it didn't bother me and I had nothing but "religion" to comfort me. In 1971, while working at a grocery store, someone left a Chick tract entitled "This Was Your Life" in a flower pot. I took it home and after reading it, the Holy Spirit brought me under much conviction and I no longer tried to fool myself into thinking that I was saved. A week or two passed when after hearing a sermon by my pastor, I finally cried from my heart to the Lord to have mercy and save me for Jesus sake. There was a peace that passed over my soul that words can't describe and for the first time in my life I layed down in bed and wasn't afraid to meet God.

Premio53 (from the linked site above)

Quote:
If you stand before God and say “Lord I got baptized, I didn't have any musical instruments in the church, I quit my cussing, I quit getting drunk, I did this and this and this...” how much merit will that get you? Tit 3:5 Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the WASHING OF REGENERATION, and renewing of the Holy Ghost; When I was 18 years old in 1971 I cried out with a REPENTANT heart “God be merciful to me a sinner and save me for Jesus sake!” It was then that I “passed from death unto life.” Joh 5:24 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.
I am beginning to think these two men are one in the same

In addition here is another snipet that confirms they are the same person
from this link from http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/...A7Q1OOH3APT/p4 POST 75
Premio53

Quote:
This is also where the Church of Christ has twisted scripture with human wisdom. I have talked with members of the Church of Christ and have read their tracts. This is the PROCESS that is given.

1.Believe
2.Repent
3.Confess
4.Be baptized

In scripture REPENTANCE always comes BEFORE faith! That is why Romans 10:10 says that it is with the HEART that man believeth unto righteousness; …
From these forums by Tandy1650 http://av1611.com/forums/showthread....+tracts&page=2 post17

Quote:
The problem with the Church of Christ is they reverse the God given order of repentance and faith and make salvation a process. They teach:

1. Believe
2. Repent
3. Confess
4. Be baptized
In other words just believe and then start working your way to heaven.

Baptists have always taught that repentance comes before faith. Repentance will bring about a change of heart and attitude toward their sin. They will see themselves guilty before God and in need of salvation. There will be a desire to forsake the sin and turn to God.

Romans 10:10 clearly states that "For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation."
Psalms 120:2 Deliver my soul, O LORD, from lying lips, and from a deceitful tongue.

Jeremiah 17:9 The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?

Last edited by peopleoftheway; 06-15-2009 at 06:48 AM.