View Single Post
Old 01-14-2009, 04:02 PM
Bro. Parrish

Another name for these giants;
Zamzummim
"In Hebrew, "Zamzummim" (used by the Ammonites) literally translates into "Buzz-Buzzers", or "the people whos speech sounds like buzzing." In Arabic the word zamzamah translates as a distant, unclear sound."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zamzummim

I posted this same topic on another Baptist forum, I was surprised that almost all of them tried to provide a naturalistic explanation for the giants, as though they were merely the odd victims of hormone problems or tribes of tall people, not one of these people seemed to think they were the offspring of fallen angels, even though the very name "Nephilim," means "FALLEN ONES."

I am interested in the antediluvian races, I find them to be fascinating and, like Bro. Ruckman, I think it is highly possible the KJV holds great clues to the fall of man and I think the Bible indicates they were more than merely tall humans. It seems that the secular Wikipedia offers more insight than some of the brethren...

"The Bible speaks of this era as being a time of great wickedness. There were Gibborim (giants) in the earth in those days as well as Nephilim; some translations identify the two as one and the same. The Gibborim were unusually powerful; Genesis calls them "heroes of old, men of renown;" (Enoshi Ha Shem). The antediluvian period ended when God sent the Flood to wipe out all life except Noah, his family, and the animals they took with them. Nevertheless, the Nephilim (literally meaning 'fallen ones', from the Hebrew root n-f-l 'to fall') reappear much later in the Biblical narrative, in Numbers 13:31-33. (However, since the Bible was not assembled in chronological order, it is possible that the related verses actually overlap time-wise.)"