View Single Post
Old 06-19-2008, 08:53 PM
jesseedavis

Default The Body of Christ

First of all, before you read this I want you to take this to God in prayer and ask Him to give you discernment so that you will not be deceived, as those are not my intentions.

I believe there are many, MANY things that should not be discussed between believers. The reason for this is that Bible states that we should do all things without arguing, disagreeing, or complaining. (Philippians 2:14) According to what Paul tells the Romans in Romans 14, we shouldn't tell of our beliefs or other doctrine to others if it may lead to quarreling and disputes amongst ourselves.

Now, having said that, we should tell God everything, pour our hearts out to Him, according to many Bible verses. So don't think I'm trying to lead you into bottling them up inside you.

What I'm seeing too much in many places, including this forum, is controversial and/or opinionated statements. The details of a person's(including yourself) beliefs and whether they are true or not, is between you and your Father. According to the Bible, we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places. What I'm noticing is that we seem to be fighting each other (fellow brethren) rather than Satan and his army.

Jesus says, "Every kingdom divided against itself is brought to desolation; and a house divided against a house falleth. If Satan also be divided against himself, how shall his kingdom stand? because ye say that I cast out devils through Beelzebub. And if I by Beelzebub cast out devils, by whom do your sons cast them out? therefore shall they be your judges. But if I with the finger of God cast out devils, no doubt the kingdom of God is come upon you." - Luke 11:17-20

Many times in the Old Testament, God and His people Israel defeated other armies by confusing them. What happened then? They attacked and destroyed themselves. I think we all agree that Satan has been around long enough to know how to successfully deceive us by imitating God's acts.

Now ask yourself, does it matter whether someone believes something or not? As long as they are believers in Christ and Christ ALONE as their personal (and not to mention the only) Saviour, then I believe the rest isn't your responsibility (unless Daddy says otherwise), it is the Holy Spirit. Please, can we all do a little more praying for one another and a little less correcting. Correction is the Holy Spirit's job, let Him do it. If He needs your help, then I can assure you that He'll follow through with it and that He won't leave you somewhere in the middle.

I just want to ask two more things of each of you reading this. First of all, again, take this to God in prayer and ask Him to give you discernment. Next, follow His leading on the matter.