Thread: Secret Rapture
View Single Post
Old 05-27-2008, 05:10 AM

I too hope that it will generate a thoughtful discussion. And thoughtful being the key word. It saddens me when brothers and sisters argue and fight in a forum such as this over Biblical issues such as this. Like I stated before, We're all eagerly waiting for our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ returns not matter if we're pre,mid, or post trib.

Easy can you please explain to me a little better the two phase coming of Jesus' first coming? When did the first phase start and end? Did it end when the scriptures stop recording His life at 12? And if that is the case what about when He taught at the temple?

As for the history of the doctrine. That's the first time I heard it was suppressed. I don't see how after Jesus ascended to Heaven in Acts, that the Apostles were waiting for visible, audible, and glorius return of Jesus.

The pre-trib doctrine keeps bringing to "MY" mind and escape route. God has poured out judgment and wrath on people and nations before. My question is what makes us today so much better than brothers and sisters of the past. What I mean is during the time of Nero the christians then were going through persucution and tribulation just as the scriptures said we go through in this life. Why do we get to escape and they didn't? What about during the inqusition? Thousands of Martyrs standing up for Christ were burned at the steak or tortued by the inqusition counsel. Why do we escape and they didn't?

Some say that since God hath not appointed us to wrath that we must escape. This is an assumption at best. The scriptures tell us that we're not appointed to wrath but were do they say we escape? Is God not all powerful and almighty to pour out His wrath and judgment on the nations and keep his children safe?

Also I still trying to get an answer to chette777's post which said salvation is different today then it was then.

Quote:
chette777
Most of your scriptures are Tribulational Dispensation and even salvation is different then than now.