View Single Post
Old 07-12-2009, 12:56 PM

Default Re: "http://www.av-1611.com ? ?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by pneuby View Post
I had a whole post ready to go, and the confounded board timed-out on me, or something!

Anyhow, I have NOT confused that site with your's, to be clear. My main concern is that they seem to assert that only the Pauline letters are FOR the Church today, in this dispensation of Grace. That anything from Hebrews, forward, is for Jews in the end times.

Clearly, however, the letters from Peter, James, John, and Jude are to, and FOR believers, yes?

Aloha brother,

Romans 15:4 For whatsoever things were written aforetime were written for our learning, that we through patience and comfort of the scriptures might have hope.

{The Scriptures "were written for our learning".}

2 Timothy 3:16
All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
17 That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

{"All Scripture is profitable."}

2 Timothy 2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

{We are told to rightly divide "the word of truth" - NOT rightly divide the Books of the Bible}

Read the "introduction" to the Book of James: [James 1:1 James, a servant of God and of the Lord Jesus Christ, to the twelve tribes which are scattered abroad, greeting."] Obviously James main address is TO "the twelve tribes (of Israel) scattered abroad". The Books of Hebrews, James, I & II Peter, I, II, & III John, Jude, and Revelation may be for the saints in the future (after the "translation" of the church), but any teaching within those Books that line up with Paul's teaching in his Epistles are for us, just as any teaching within the Old Testament or the Four Gospels that line up with Paul's teachings is also for us.

In other words - the entire Bible has been written FOR us (for our learning), but the entire Bible is NOT written TO us; and it is our job to rightly divide "the word of truth" to determine WHAT applies to the church (and the Christian); and what applies to Israel (Hebrews/Jews) in the time past and in the future.

1 Corinthians 10:6
Now these things were our examples, to the intent we should not lust after evil things, as they also lusted.
7 Neither be ye idolaters, as were some of them; as it is written, The people sat down to eat and drink, and rose up to play.
8 Neither let us commit fornication, as some of them committed, and fell in one day three and twenty thousand.
9 Neither let us tempt Christ, as some of them also tempted, and were destroyed of serpents.
10 Neither murmur ye, as some of them also murmured, and were destroyed of the destroyer.
11 Now all these things happened unto them for ensamples: and they are written for our admonition, upon whom the ends of the world are come.