View Single Post
Old 04-07-2008, 06:14 PM
Beth

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaeByrd View Post
Talking about how I brag about my hair and my good fortune and calling me prideful is not implying something about me? I did not make this personal. There were a LOT of things I could have said if I had wanted to get personal.

Clarifying your mistake in assuming things that you knew nothing about me is further bragging?

Let me make it very clear what I am saying and why I said what I said:

As one woman to another woman. Stop preaching to the men and stick with the realm of women as you should. The men have already refuted you on your issues. The women have rejected you and pointed out the rightful place of a woman in teaching. Teaching other women.

This is my last post on the subject as my husband has told me it isn't worth my time. He is right. You are convinced in your custom (which we are more than happy to leave you with), but will continue ad nauseam to refute and push your custom as the right one onto everyone else in the forum.

Both sides have been presented for anyone else to read and make their own choice. I see no further reason to continue debating.
Jaebird, I hope you will continue to feel comfortable in sharing how you apply scripture to your own life.

I don't know why, but some will take offense when we share how we personally, (along with the Bible and the guidance of the Holy Spirit) make decisions re: obedience to God.

I for one was inspired to hear your story about your long hair and how you share this wonderful gift with others.