View Single Post
Old 04-06-2008, 10:33 PM

This is my 6th post since we started this forum. My first being to pray and share with WhyIEyesYa regarding his prayer request. I find it humorous that you know so much about me and my intentions from so few posts. (I know a lot about you from the 10 times that number of posts you have made in half the time.)

Since you have assumed so much about me from so little here are a few truths about me.

I tend to focus on support for young wives dealing with infertility and child loss specifically, but marriage in general. Where I have found that what God has given us over the years has placed us in a position to help the hurting hearts of younger women (and men) who are questioning if God even hears or cares about them. Who as a young couple (sometimes in youth and almost always in years married) are struggling. The focus being the heart and faith in hard times and in marriage.

This is the ministry I focus on after my duties as a wife, mother and daughter. After supporting my husband in his ministries and work. (You can take that as more bragging if you wish, but its a simple statement of my order of priority.)

A role taught to me by my mother who was and is a Proverbs 31 kind of woman who follows the instructions in Titus.

Proverbs 31:28 Her children arise up, and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praiseth her.

Titus 2:4 That they may teach the young women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children,
Titus 2:5 To be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God be not blasphemed.

This is where I come from and why. I deal in the realm given to us for our ministry and leave the doctrine instructing and most of all persuading to the husbands, fathers, and sons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Connie View Post
Oh and how you love to brag about your good fortunes at my expense. Long hair you can sit on, brag brag brag, all pride.
You really do have a problem with reading comprehension. I was showing the flip side of my husband shaving his head. I also said why I grow it that long:
Quote:
My hair ranges from middle of my back to the back of my knees. Once I start sitting on it (every 2-4 years) I grow it long enough to be able to donate 10-12" of my hair to be made into wigs for children/women going through chemotherapy (or other hair loss) and still have enough hair for myself that is unquestionably long hair.
To GIVE away to others who have no covering and who are ashamed. It is actually quite humbling to cut off a foot worth of hair and give my "glory" to another woman or child who has none. And in order to have hair that is by any one's standards of still being "long" and to donate like that it has to be really long. In your opinion that is pride and not service to another sister.

Quote:
Your great good fortune in having a husband and a family. Good for you. Where's the Christian humility in anything you say?
You really are going to take offense at anything at this point aren't you? I was simply saying I'm done posting cause I had to go.

FYI it isn't a secret that Diligent and I have dealt with infertility for most of our 14 years of being married. That we have one child. That after 8 1/2 years of praying and hoping God blessed us with a second child which 4 weeks ago tomorrow we lost to miscarriage. But I guess that is just me bragging on my good fortune.

You might give people the benefit of the doubt before assuming everything is an attack on you.

Another FYI before you ask why don't we just adopt? Because its at least $20-30k, weeks of classes and other things, and waiting lists are very long because very few children born out of wedlock these days are actually put up for adoption anymore. This is a plain fact. Not an accusation.

And I'm quite sure something if not all of what I've said is going to get your non-Irish-Irish-temper up. Funny thing is I actually *am part Irish* with the temper to boot... and despite the fact that you have basically insulted my husband, my father, my mother and myself. I'm not angry or upset in any way.