View Single Post
Old 04-06-2008, 10:16 PM
Connie

Quote:
For a second, consider that you are telling us that there is a rule that us/our wives are not obeying. Every onus is upon you to make your case, not the other way around. We are all quite satisfied that a woman's hair is her covering, and that additional covering is not necessary. If you think we are being disobedient, it is up to you to prove it.
Perhaps I've underestimated the degree to which YOU all have felt accused, but since I've been trying to stick to the objective matter and not accuse you personally, in fact gone out of my way to acknowledge that I figure you are being obedient according to your own light, I can't see that that excuses some from lashing out personally. That I'm suggesting they are wrong about a passage of scripture? Of course it would be hard to have to consider such a thing after a lifetime of thinking a different way. It could even hurt feelings. But what does that have to do with the objective facts involved? If you disagree then what's to take personally? I've been arguing the topic itself, but some of my opponents have chosen to attack me personally instead, which I guess is BECAUSE they disagree with me, but that's not the right way to go about it.

Last edited by Connie; 04-06-2008 at 10:19 PM.