View Single Post
Old 03-09-2009, 12:56 AM

Joh 3:29 He that hath the bride is the bridegroom: but the friend of the bridegroom, which standeth and heareth him, rejoiceth greatly because of the bridegroom's voice: this my joy therefore is fulfilled.

John says he is the friend of the bridegroom not part of the bride. I guess he must have lucked out or something.

Psa 45:13 The king's daughter is all glorious within: her clothing is of wrought gold.
Psa 45:14 She shall be brought unto the king in raiment of needlework: the virgins her companions that follow her shall be brought unto thee.

Luk 12:35 Let your loins be girded about, and your lights burning;
Luk 12:36 And ye yourselves like unto men that wait for their lord, when he will return from the wedding; that when he cometh and knocketh, they may open unto him immediately.

Rev 14:4 These are they which were not defiled with women; for they are virgins. These are they which follow the Lamb whithersoever he goeth. These were redeemed from among men, being the firstfruits unto God and to the Lamb.

Son 6:8 There are threescore queens, and fourscore concubines, and virgins without number.
Son 6:9 My dove, my undefiled is but one; she is the only one of her mother, she is the choice one of her that bare her. The daughters saw her, and blessed her; yea, the queens and the concubines, and they praised her.

You will notice there are many virgins who will be guests (Matthew 22). In Luke 12, these virgins waiting with their lamps are waiting for the lord to return from the wedding and let them in. You will also notice that the bride is one chaste virgin (2 Cor 11:1-3), not many virgins, so Matthew 25 could not be describing virgins going to get married to the bridegroom, but to meet him.