View Single Post
Old 06-06-2008, 03:28 PM
joshjefflawn

[QUOTE=Greektim;4392]I hope you didn't mean what you said here, Luke. These kind of statements are what give Dispo's a bad name. The Bible never teaches 2 ways of salvation. Nor is that a teaching propagated in Dispensationalism.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greektim View Post
Salvation is always by grace through faith no matter the dispensation.
That is not exactly accurate. Because People have not been saved the same way through all time. Yes God has always used grace, but it is what goes with faith that changes. In the OT, Especially during the time of Law, from moses to the cross, Salvation was Faith plus works(hence the sacrificing of animals for forgiveness of sins), now during the Curch age, from Calvary to the Rapture, we are in an age of grace, which is Salvation of grace through faith, during this time, you can not earn salvation, were as in the OT, you had to have works, plus faith. But during the tribulation, it will once again be a Salvation by faith and works system, I don't fully understand it but I know the Bible says so, and then during the mellenium it will be only works, because faith will not be required because the Lord Jeus will be ruling in Jeruselum.
As far as Dispensationalism, I recomend you read a book by Clarence Larken, called Dispensational truth. He wrote this in the 20's and it is very good. Brother Larken backes everything up with Scripture and I haven't found any contridictions with what he teaches and with what the Scriptures say. I am a Pre-millennialist which means that I believe that we are pre Millennium, and also pre-tribulation, there is also A-Millennialism, and also Post-Millennialists, Post believe that we are after the Millennium while A-Millennalists believe that the Millennium which is a general time, and not actually a kingdome. Of course if you read Revelation 19, God clearly states that it will be a kingdome, a phisical actuall kingdom.
I hope this helps Luke, now realize that even Pre-Millennialism isn't perfect, but it hold alot more than does A- or Post Millennialism.
Have a Good day in the Lord,
Josh