View Single Post
Old 05-26-2008, 05:55 AM

Default Church Ordinances

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biblestudent View Post
Brother Easy E,

WATER BAPTISM as received and practiced by Paul and delivered to the church:
Acts 16:15 And when she was baptized, and her household, she besought us, saying, If ye have judged me to be faithful to the Lord, come into my house, and abide there. And she constrained us.
Acts 16:33 And he took them the same hour of the night, and washed their stripes; and was baptized, he and all his, straightway.
Acts 19:5 When they heard this, they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.
1 Corinthians 1:17 For Christ sent me not to baptize, but to preach the gospel: not with wisdom of words, lest the cross of Christ should be made of none effect.

Paul DID baptize, but he was not sent to baptize, as John the Baptist and the Twelve were sent to baptize. Mr. 1:4; Mt 28:18-20. The gospel preached by John the Baptist and the Twelve did include baptism, Mr 1:4; Mr 16:16; Ac 2:38; but Paul's preaching does not include it 1 Cor. 15:1-4; 1:17. Paul, however, gave water baptism as one of the local church "ordinances" (1 Cor. 11:2).
[COLOR="Blue"][B]
Hello brother Biblestudent,

It is virtually impossible to keep up with all the threads and posts on this forum! My time for such is very limited, but occasionally I’ll hurriedly pop in and out on some of the threads that catch my attention and such was the case when spotting your response to Luke and Easy E concerning understanding dispensations. On top of being delighted to have found such a web site in support of the KJV, I’m tickled to see so many in this forum that sees Pauline distinction… such as in your case. Obviously, there will be differences even among those that see the uniqueness of Paul’s ministry and message.

Our positions are very similar on Paul. In fact I will say that they were identical at one time, but with just a little variation today. I have some questions concerning your position that baptism with water is yet an ordinance today.

For argument sake… let’s say that baptism is an ordinance today. I am very curious as to what you do in your church in regards to administering this ordinance. I’ve been around long enough to know why something is done in view of what is done, but since your position is different, from most, in that you thoroughly understand the fact that others were sent and Paul was not and yet he did baptize with water, I can then only guess at what you practice.

I hope you don’t mind me asking these questions and am sure that others coming across this thread will benefit from the fact they too may need to understand any difference between those who were sent to baptize from he who wasn’t and yet still did and what are any distinctions. Hope that last sentence made sense.

Since I’m looking for ‘what’ and not ‘why’ your response to each question can be short; perhaps most of them in a word. Maybe after your response I will have a ‘why’ question.

1. Who in your church administers this ordinance? I’m looking for an office here if applicable.

2. Do you administer this ordinance immediately upon one’s profession of faith?

3. Which baptismal ‘formula’ (in whose name) do you administer this ordinance?

4. How (mode) do you administer this ordinance?

5. Do you require this ordinance for your church membership?

6. Do you accept another professing Christian into membership regardless of how (mode) they were baptized and what denomination they come from?

Thanks brother!

Stvvv1611
2 Timothy 2:15

PS Oh… I may have some fun with you on Paul ‘re-baptizing’ in Acts 19