View Single Post
Old 03-29-2009, 11:02 PM

Default Re: " A Question Concerning Hell --"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bro. Parrish View Post
Tonybones, that's interesting brother---I never thought about the idea that our human spirit has already left our body and is in heaven, what are your scripture references on that...
Aloha brother Parrish,

Here are some Scriptures for you to "mull over" as to whether our spirit has left our body and has been "replaced" by the Holy Spirit.

Acts 17:16 Now while Paul waited for them at Athens, his spirit was stirred in him, when he saw the city wholly given to idolatry.

Acts 19:21 After these things were ended, Paul purposed in the spirit, when he had passed through Macedonia and Achaia, to go to Jerusalem, saying, After I have been there, I must also see Rome.

Acts 20:22 And now, behold, I go bound in the spirit unto Jerusalem, not knowing the things that shall befall me there:

Romans 1:9 For God is my witness, whom I serve with my spirit in the gospel of his Son, that without ceasing I make mention of you always in my prayers;

1 Corinthians 5:5 To deliver such an one unto Satan for the destruction of the flesh, that the spirit may be saved in the day of the Lord Jesus.

1 Corinthians 7:34There is difference also between a wife and a virgin. The unmarried woman careth for the things of the Lord, that she may be holy both in body and in spirit: but she that is married careth for the things of the world, how she may please her husband.

2 Corinthians 7:1 Having therefore these promises, dearly beloved, let us cleanse ourselves from all filthiness of the flesh and spirit, perfecting holiness in the fear of God.

1 Thessalonians 5:23 And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.

2 Timothy 4:22 The Lord Jesus Christ be with thy spirit. Grace be with you. Amen.

James 2:26 For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.

James 4:5 Do ye think that the scripture saith in vain, The spirit that dwelleth in us lusteth to envy?

1 Peter 3:4 But let it be the hidden man of the heart, in that which is not corruptible, even the ornament of a meek and quiet spirit, which is in the sight of God of great price.

We have Christ's mind; The Holy Spirit of God dwells in us; our spirit has been "born again" of the Spirit of God; we are to serve God in our spirit; our hearts have been circumcised; the Holy Spirit reveals to our spirit - "spiritual things"; We are to worship God in "spirit" and in truth.

The following verses (in context) are the only ones that I can think of that would possibly give someone the idea that our spirit is in heaven, but it doesn't say that:

Ephesians 2:4 But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us,
5 Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved
6 And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus:
7 That in the ages to come he might shew the exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus.
8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

I hope that these Scriptures may be of some help in your search for the truth.