View Single Post
Old 02-23-2008, 08:23 PM

Quote:
In regards to his Greek TR, it is the same as the KJV
Yes, essentially the same, but not perhaps not particularly (e.g. in every jot or tittle).

Quote:
His work on his TR was after his work on the Revised Version - and his work on the RV is what led him to defend the TR (to whatever extent he may have done).
I am not saying that Scrivener was totally wrong. The truth is that it has been providential that Scrivener did defend to some point the TR. Also, without Scrivener, I think that Hills, Holland and other persons who are looking at the Greek side of the things have been able to confirm that the KJB is at least the best translation from the best Greek. Of course, I think it is a perfect translation and presents the perfect text (in English).

Quote:
I am not defending him and his doctrine or beliefs, but his work which I have used for years.
I am advocating that the English is perfect. Until a person comes to that belief now, I would want them to keep away from Scrivener or a lexicon. That is because we must approach such things from having the Word fully present, i.e. in our English Bible. Most people are approaching from the opposite direction.