View Single Post
Old 10-03-2008, 08:47 PM
Scott Simons

I be your huckaberry but just short inserts, time is a crunch rigth now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debau View Post
Here are some verses for fodder for this thread. I won't exposit, but am interested in the response(es).

Quote:
Matthew 10:34 Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.
This one is saying that he is going to show what is his and there is going to be no rest for the wicked. His word is sharper than a two edge sword.....

Quote:
Luke 22:36 Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.
Jesus previously sent the with no purse and scrip, but now he is say you prepare for diffucult times and real confrontations. More to defend yourselves and the innocent, in an act of love not the wrath of men.

Quote:
Romans 13:4 For he is the minister of God to thee for good. But if thou do that which is evil, be afraid; for he beareth not the sword in vain: for he is the minister of God, a revenger to execute wrath upon him that doeth evil.
A government responsiblity but need to be Balance with Matthew 5:39 But I say unto you, That ye resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also.

Lots to be said here but that the quick reply