View Single Post
Old 02-05-2008, 12:00 PM
jerry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graceismine View Post
So maybe he didn't mind dancing for all to see but Michal was not happy about him showing all he owned to the maidens.
What does this mean? David was not naked - if he was naked in public, he would be sinning - regardless of whether he was danving or not. In the passage, Michal makes a slander towards him that was unjustified.

2 Samuel 6:20-22 Then David returned to bless his household. And Michal the daughter of Saul came out to meet David, and said, How glorious was the king of Israel to day, who uncovered himself to day in the eyes of the handmaids of his servants, as one of the vain fellows shamelessly uncovereth himself! And David said unto Michal, It was before the LORD, which chose me before thy father, and before all his house, to appoint me ruler over the people of the LORD, over Israel: therefore will I play before the LORD. And I will yet be more vile than thus, and will be base in mine own sight: and of the maidservants which thou hast spoken of, of them shall I be had in honour.

1 Chronicles 15:27-29 And David was clothed with a robe of fine linen, and all the Levites that bare the ark, and the singers, and Chenaniah the master of the song with the singers: David also had upon him an ephod of linen. Thus all Israel brought up the ark of the covenant of the LORD with shouting, and with sound of the cornet, and with trumpets, and with cymbals, making a noise with psalteries and harps. And it came to pass, as the ark of the covenant of the LORD came to the city of David, that Michal the daughter of Saul looking out at a window saw king David dancing and playing: and she despised him in her heart.

David had removed his kingly apparel - so Michal despised him for not holding himself above the people. He was not naked or uncovered - just not covered with what she figured he should be covered with.