Thread: Gap Theory
View Single Post
Old 11-26-2008, 03:54 PM

I was really into your response there...it seemed as if you had done a completely honest job, but then of course I ran into this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forrest View Post
The word “old” means: ekpalai eh'-pal-ahee long ago, for a long while:--of a long time, of old.
...and oh well.

2 Peter 3 draws a parallel between the first time the entire earth was destroyed (between Gen. 1:1 and 1:2) and the final destruction by fire; I've touched on that in response to the word "elements," either here or other places. God called the earth before Noah "the old world" (2 Pet. 2:5) and the pre-Adamic earth "the world that then was" (2 Pet. 3:6): I take that at face value and say that apparently, since Noah is mentioned in one instance, and not in another, that they are two different time periods, one including Noah, and one not including Noah. Remember, God works in threes (Gen. 1:1-2; Gen. 7; 2 Pet. 3:10, Rev. 21:1).

Also: please denote when you have added emphasis to a quote, and it's best to leave the quote intact and comment on it outside of the actual quote. Thanks.