View Single Post
Old 09-19-2008, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericwgreene View Post
So you have placed yourself as prosecutor and judge... I think it is clear who your final authority is... YOURSELF. Violation of the 1st and 2nd Commandment.
I think you will find he used HOLY SCRIPTURE! as final authority and Judge.
you have Judged a brother by "yourself" and not by scripture.

Romans 14:13 Let us not therefore judge one another any more: but judge this rather, that no man put a stumblingblock or an occasion to fall in his brother's way.
Brother George admonished with scripture, he did not JUDGE of himself, but through ALMIGHTY GOD'S written word.
Your posts on this forum have been the very underlined, join a forum, post contention, then leave.
Romans 14:10 But why dost thou judge thy brother? or why dost thou set at nought thy brother? for we shall all stand before the judgment seat of Christ.
You straight out judged a brother of the two most important commandments without any scripture!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericwgreene View Post
I am not here to be a jerk. I would like to share some things I have come across in my own pilgrimage. I am sure I will not be here for a long time, but as I am passing through I appreciate the hospitality.
Thats wonderful that you can share things from your own pilgrimige, but please use the "search" feature on the forum. But what you are sharing has been raised in many posts on this forum, and I for one am tired of the contention it brings.

You asked me in a previous post what my understanding of "lordship salvation" was, my understanding is this.
Lordship salvation, is the teaching that a sinner must forsake their sins to be saved
Your site follows the "way of the master" teaching of Ray Comfort and Kirk Cameron the following is a statement from Ray Comforts site.

Quote:
Do you see God’s great love for you? Do you see your need for His forgiveness? Do what He commands and “Repent…that your sins may be wiped out and times of refreshing may come from the Lord.” (Acts 3:19) You must turn away from sin and turn to God. Desire to have NOTHING to do with sin, and surrender your life to the One who can save you. Jesus died to set you free, and then he rose from death to be your Lord. Jesus said, “I am the Way, the Truth, and the Life. No one comes to the Father except through me.” If you will confess and forsake your sins (repent) and trust in Jesus Christ as your Savior and Lord, God will forgive you and you’ll pass from death to life.

If you are not sure how to pray, read and make it your prayer.

What does it mean to "put your faith in Jesus Christ?" It means to personally trust in Jesus the same way you’d trust in a parachute if you had to jump 25,000 feet out of an airplane. You wouldn’t just "believe" in the parachute; you would put it on! In the same way, the Bible says, "Put on the Lord Jesus Christ..." and you will be saved. There are millions of people who "believe" Jesus exists . . . but they have not put on the Savior—there’s a BIG difference. And the difference will be obvious when you “jump” through the door of death.

Today, with all your heart—turn away from sin, and surrender your life to Jesus Christ. Please don’t put it off till later. You may die today and then it will be too late. You may not yet have all the answers to your questions, but better to put on the parachute first and then ask questions, then to pass through the door unprepared, grasping for the parachute when it’s too late. You can pray something like this—"Dear God, today I turn from all my sins (name them), and I put my trust in Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior. Please forgive me, and grant me your gift of everlasting life. Amen." There is nothing magic about these words—it is the attitude of your heart that God cares about.
Source: http://www.livingwaters.com/good/022.shtml

Do you sin? Did you forsake your sins to be saved? Do you live a sinless life?
On the same webpage Ray Comfort calls salvation the "free gift of eternal life" yet his words add works to that "free Gift"

Romans 4:5 But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.
Ephesians 2:8
For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
2:9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

Your agenda here is strife and contention, its obvious from your posts. In case you didn't realise, this forum is for KJB Believers! why even bother posting on such a site if you don't hold the KJB as the inerrant word of God?

The problem with following the teaching of Ray Comfort is, in most things he is spot on regarding scripture, but when it comes to salvation and eternal salvation , he is way of the mark.
I will agree with you that we do, of course need pastors, evangelists, teachers
Ephesians 4:11,12 And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers;
For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ:
BUT notice that the Apostle Paul says straight afterward

Ephesians 4:14 That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive;
I personally don't take much to do with "celebrity" Christians, never have done, I concentrate on the Bible and my instruction from the Holy Spirit of God, however, I do take on board the instruction of learned brothers, who have made themselves of NO reputation

Philippians 2:7 But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:

If you wish to follow Ray Comfort and Kirk Cameron, that is your business, but please do not come onto this forum and propogate their teaching. This forum consists of a bunch of sinners from all walks of life and all areas of God's Glorious earth and we are all just trying to get by as best we can through our Saviour's Grace and written word until our LORD comes for us or calls us home.

Ecclesiastes 10:1 Dead flies cause the ointment of the apothecary to send forth a stinking savour: so doth a little folly him that is in reputation for wisdom and honour.