View Single Post
Old 08-13-2008, 09:32 AM

John said all those that were saved had an annointing from the Holy Spirit
1st John 2:
20 But ye have an unction from the Holy One, and ye know all things.
27 But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him.
Now the Spirit of Truth abides in us and teaches us all things

Christ told us in John 14:16 that the Spirit would abide in us
And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;

Not sometimes, occasionally, when called for etc, but Forever

Paul speaks of the Holy Spirit Teaching those Born again about spiritual things
and that "natural man" (Unsaved man) could not discern these teachings because anyone that is not saved has not received the Holy Spirit of God
1st Cor 2:12,13,14

Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God.
Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.
But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

All true, Born again Christians have the ability through Christs word to lead another to Christ, if only they allow themselves to be taught by the Holy Spirit, and that means studying and rightly dividing the truth. Knowing the verses that explain salvation in all its simplicity.
Just because you give someone the Gospel of Christ and they say, "no thank you, its not for me" does not mean that a seed has not been planted. If everyone that was supposed to be saved from your witnessing to them was saved, right there and then, in your presence, you would have a count. If you have a count then self righteousness may creep in and you may boast.
James 3:5

Even so the tongue is a little member, and boasteth great things. Behold, how great a matter a little fire kindleth!

Humble yourselves to the fact that someone you witnessed to years ago that at that time did not accept Christ, may now be a Born again Believer leading others to Christ in the same manner through a seed YOU planted.

1 corinthians 3:6
I have planted, Apollos watered; but God gave the increase

As far as talking about Evangelists preaching being "annointed" more so than anyone else, I believe its more a "calling" for Evangelist, Teacher, Pastor.

Ephesians 4:11,12
And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers;
For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ:

In My Saviour's Name, The LORD Jesus Christ.