View Single Post
Old 08-13-2008, 05:50 AM
M Paul

Quote:
Originally Posted by peopleoftheway View Post
M Paul, do you belong to a charismatic Church my friend ?
Explain this anointing you speak of with scripture so I may understand better what you mean.
No, I am not at all Charismatic. I am a Classical Pentecostal. But do you believe Billy Graham was anointed?? I do. (However, I really don't think that much about being Pentecostal anymore. I have had a lot of association with Baptists in the past, which then made me focus on what it really means to be Pentecostal, but that was a while back).

Do you believe the KJV is anointed. I do. It's very obvious, looking at all it has meant over the centuries. What other English bible has anything that comes close?? But it was "natural man" Chrisitianity that wanted to destroy its anointing, by upholding a new Greek text and a new theory of translation as established by a worldly sense of scholarship. No, I'm not saying there is anything wrong with scholarship...but I am saying that the consequences of using it in a worldly way and for worldly objectives, rather than spiritual, is not actually a Christian pursuit of the truth.

However, how a Christian understands what an anointing is can and does vary from one perspective to another, and my opinion is, that not all of them are correct. But it is important in starting off on trying to understand what is involved in explaining salvation to others, that it is the anointing that counts.

M Paul