View Single Post
Old 10-01-2008, 03:20 PM
Steve Schwenke

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwjd.usa View Post
I was reading Matthew 24, and I came across a question.
In Matthew 24, Jesus describes about the last days and the tribulation.
The in verse 34, Jesus says

"Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled."

There are some churches in this world that believe that the second coming of Jesus has already passed. What do I need to answer to the people that say that the last days and the second coming of Jesus have already passed?
Also, could you explain what this verse means?
What the verse means:
THe details of the tribulation period that Jesus described in Matthew 24 would happen in a relatively short period of time. It would not be drug out over hundreds or even thousands of years. All of the "end time events" described in Matthew 24 would happen in the same generation.

I think II Tim. 2:15-19 in conjunction with I cor. 15 should answer the issue of the second coming of Christ already occuring. This idea simply does not match Scripture. Rev. 19-20 describes the second coming of Christ. There are a multitude of OT prophecies also that have not been literally fulfilled. THese people are using the allegorical method of interpretation, not the literal method. Isa. 64, Isa. 11:6, Ezek 40-48, etc. etc. etc. The curse has not been lifted from the earth ( Rom. 8), and while Israel as a nation has come into existence, they do not have a temple, and they (as an entire nation) do not worship Jehovah. They have not fulfilled Rev. 12 either.

I could go on, but I hope you get the point.

In Christ,