View Single Post
Old 05-19-2009, 04:49 AM

buzz,

Just be sure it is really from your heart you will know. I said what I said to get you to a point to really seek God about it. what Tbones said is true the fact you are having a great struggle could in fact show your salvation.

I recently had one of the strangest event in my life, I fasted and cried all night because of one thing a man said to me. I can't go into the whole details but a confrontational meeting with a man who had spread rumors and lies about me in a half truth fashion ended with me being quite upset that the man refused to see it, and right there in the presence of others right to my face had lied again. Aand acted as nothing was wrong. I was ready to fume.

anyway, the mediator asked me in private after the unsuccessful meeting, "Are you saved?"

I answered, "what! of course I am saved"

he asked another Question, "They why didn't I see Christ."

If floored me. I mean it it really shook me up. I spent the next 12 hours in prayer and fasting. about 3 hours into crying out to the Lord from the roof top all alone, the Lord took me to Psalm 136 every verse said, His mercy endureth for ever.

I knew then my salvation was secured. My flesh had been in control and he took me to some other verses in James and in Philippians which guided me into what was happening as far as I was concerned.

that little event was needed and I will never will doubt again about my salvation. it involved my intellect, my emotions, my heart and my body. There were no feelings per se the Bible verse in them selves were marvelously inspirational. the tears I shed were needed forgiveness went forth to this man without him ever admitting his error. and I was free from the years of holding it in my heart all the hurt and anger and disappointment of someone who was supposed to be a leader and a living example to those of lower rank and file within our organization.

Sometimes we need times alone with God to get us where he wants us. that is why I asked the questions and proposed what I said.

God bless and we are praying for you.

Last edited by chette777; 05-19-2009 at 04:55 AM.