View Single Post
Old 01-13-2009, 10:41 PM

Yeah, even my Mennonite brethren view him as a Church Father. I always wonder if Origen read what the Law says about what he did.

He that is wounded in the stones, or hath his privy member cut off, shall not enter into the congregation of the LORD. (Deuteronomy 23:1 KJV)

Another thing people fail to mention about the Judaizers is that the reason they emphasise circumcision in their teachings is because they believed no one is even fit to practice the entirety of the Law unless that person is circumcised. But this makes me wonder why they never meditated upon this:

At that time the LORD said unto Joshua, Make thee sharp knives, and circumcise again the children of Israel the second time. And Joshua made him sharp knives, and circumcised the children of Israel at the hill of the foreskins. And this is the cause why Joshua did circumcise: All the people that came out of Egypt, that were males, even all the men of war, died in the wilderness by the way, after they came out of Egypt. Now all the people that came out were circumcised: but all the people that were born in the wilderness by the way as they came forth out of Egypt, them they had not circumcised. For the children of Israel walked forty years in the wilderness, till all the people that were men of war, which came out of Egypt, were consumed, because they obeyed not the voice of the LORD: unto whom the LORD sware that he would not shew them the land, which the LORD sware unto their fathers that he would give us, a land that floweth with milk and honey. And their children, whom he raised up in their stead, them Joshua circumcised: for they were uncircumcised, because they had not circumcised them by the way. And it came to pass, when they had done circumcising all the people, that they abode in their places in the camp, till they were whole. (Joshua 5:2-8 KJV)

So those people that offered sacrifices, wave offerings, free will offerings, burnt offerings, etc etc... in the desert those 40 years were practicing the Law when they weren't even circumcised.

Another thing that convinces me that only born-again Christians can understand Scriptures, is the fact that the majority of Scriptures that mention circumcision in the OT are mentioned within a couple words of the word "heart". Uncanny isn't it?

Circumcise therefore the foreskin of your heart, and be no more stiffnecked. (Deuteronomy 10:16 KJV)

And the LORD thy God will circumcise thine heart, and the heart of thy seed, to love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, that thou mayest live. (Deuteronomy 30:6 KJV)

Circumcise yourselves to the LORD, and take away the foreskins of your heart, ye men of Judah and inhabitants of Jerusalem: lest my fury come forth like fire, and burn that none can quench it, because of the evil of your doings. (Jeremiah 4:4 KJV)

And then, the first mention of circumcision describes it as a "token" (perhaps a shadow of the work God would do?):

And ye shall circumcise the flesh of your foreskin; and it shall be a token of the covenant betwixt me and you. (Genesis 17:11 KJV)

Peace and Love,
Stephen