View Single Post
Old 06-09-2009, 11:17 AM

While we may examine ourselves to make sure we take the Lord’s supper worthily (1 Corinthians 11:27-29) and to see whether we’re in the faith (2 Corinthians 13:5) it is God who searches the hearts.
Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered. And he that searcheth the hearts knoweth what is the mind of the Spirit, because he maketh intercession for the saints according to the will of God. (Romans 8:26-28)

…..all the churches shall know that I am he which searcheth the reins and hearts: and I will give unto every one of you according to your works. (Revelation 2:23)

And thou, Solomon my son, know thou the God of thy father, and serve him with a perfect heart and with a willing mind: for the LORD searcheth all hearts, and understandeth all the imaginations of the thoughts: if thou seek him, he will be found of thee; but if thou forsake him, he will cast thee off for ever. (1 Chronicles 28:9)

Shall not God search this out? for he knoweth the secrets of the heart. (Psalm 44:21)

O lord, thou hast searched me, and known me. (Psalm 139:1)

Search me, O God, and know my heart: try me, and know my thoughts: (Psalm 139:23)

I the LORD search the heart, I try the reins, even to give every man according to his ways, and according to the fruit of his doings. (Jeremiah 17:10)
If you have sin in your life the Holy Spirit will reveal it to you