Thread: Bad tracts
View Single Post
Old 05-08-2009, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephanos View Post
This is a great article about some tracts that bear false teachings. I think it's a rude awakening that we Christians need to make sure we share a pure gospel.

http://jesus-is-savior.com/False%20D...bad_tracts.htm

Peace and Love,
Stephen
Stephen, I don't have a cat in this fight, and I've read the whole thread, and my only comments is we need to first read anything we give out because as giving them out free, we at the same time are signing our names to the material and giving it our personal stamp of approval as being Scriptural. I use Chick and Fellowship Tract League almost exclusively except for KJV related material of a specialized nature(such as the EYE OPENER). Chick does not write a tract for Grace Believers, and then another version for Baptists and another version for Lutherans, he writes one tract for everybody to give out. Same with Fellowship. My suggestion is simple military discipline: We check our ammo before we give it out. If we feel it's not Scriptural, there's is plenty that is. We must remember that tracts are written by men, the Scripture written by God, and God's words alone will lead men to Christ. I've found few tracts besides Chick and FTL that present the crucifixion of Christ more openly and graphically. Let's all pray our discernment be edified and able to spot error when it shows up.

Much fruit to you all

Grace and peace

Tony