View Single Post
Old 11-04-2008, 03:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephanos View Post
I never said He didn't go to Hell (Hell in Scriptures is not only a place where souls/spirits go to be tormented. Some are there in bondage awaiting judgement. Which implies that 'judgement' hasn't happened yet).
So we agree that Christ went to hell, but now you're trying to say that He went to a part of hell where there is no torment? Can you provide scripture for that? The implication that judgment hasn't happened yet is true for ALL who are in hell (not only the angels of 2 Peter 2:4), because those in hell are judged at the great white throne in Rev 20:

Revelation 20:12 And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works. 13 And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephanos View Post
I said Christ never went there to suffer the torments one might find there or pay ransom to Satan. Christ made atonement for our sins when He died on the Cross, and we recieve salvation by believing in His resurrection. The victory happened on the Cross, not in some hypothetical torment in Hell.
The gospel we preach is the death, BURIAL, and resurrection of Christ, all three elements are important. So, do you believe there was any significance to the burial of Christ in relation to our salvation, apart from the fact that He needed to be buried in order to rise from the dead?